Friday, March 31, 2017

Took both the Prevail and the Dryad to the range today. I really want some more practice on the Prevail but felt that shooting the Dryad during the class would be a lot more fun and productive. I was right.

I shot at targets I made with Archer's Advantage software. I allows one to produce scaled targets. For example I created an 80 cm at it would appear at 50 yard but from the 20 yard line of my range,

I was doing well and think this will be a reasonable way for some practice but I will need to also do some real 50 yard practice on 80 cm targets.

I adjusted the control cable slider because I heard John tell someone else the having them as close as possible but with out touching the fleshings would reduce the torquing of the riser. Mine were as far out as they could be and I was able to move them in a lot. I figured this would through off my left/right sight adjustments and it did big time. I had to make a number of adjustment to the right and only just got it close when it was time for the beginners class. So I packed up the Prevail and setup the Dryad longbow.

I have a very pleasant time shooting the longbow while working on my form and instinctive shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment