Saturday, March 18, 2017

First thing today was a work day at Nuse River Bowhunters. When I left the house it was raining, of course, but we have a shoot scheduled for Sunday and Sunday is suppose to be nice. I wondered as I drove there would I be the only one there or one of a few, not so. There were 24 of us there. I must admit I was pleased to see that many folks show up to work on a rainy Saturday morning. With that many folks we were finished very quickly. I helped hang a bow rack, just a two by four with hooks, carried a few other things places but that was about it.  I was out of there by 10:30AM. I had planned to do this other 3 D shoot but with the rain I decided to go to Springhill Outfitters. They had gotten the replacement limbs for my Podium and I wanted to get them replaced. They did and I shot some arrows everything seemed OK.

I left Springhill at about 12 noon and drove to First Flight stopping by Tandy's for some snaps and other things. Got to FF by 1PM which gave me three hours.

I had the Dryad long bow with me.

I took my time and worked on getting comfortable with the bow and back quiver. It is so so different from my other bows even the Olympic or Bare recurve. It is a 40 pound bow but feels easy to pull and it weights almost nothing. When I first started out I was happy that I was hitting everything on the bail. By the time I stopped, at about 75 arrows I was hitting everything on a 40cm target. I liked the arrows so much that I bought 6 more built just like the first 12.
I am looking forward to shooting this bow some more.

I then got the bare bow out. I had not strung this bow up yet with the string John had ordered and gotten for me. The string was from First String and seemed to fit and work well. I put a brass nock on it and shot it a few times. That was all the time I had time for, it seems to shoot well. It needs a plunger. It does not have one I was not sure it could use one but it can. I have ordered one for it, also a finger tab and arm guard. I am looking forward to shooting this bow more also.

No comments:

Post a Comment