Thursday, March 9, 2017

League night at First Flight

 Again back to First Flight Archery to shoot the league but also and mostly to prepare for the U.S. National Championship. I setup to new targets a Vegas and 40cm.  I like using the 40cm for sighting in my sight and for checking them. For some reason I seem to shoot them better and I have no idea why. To decide what arrow I was going to soot tonight and at an Nationals I shoot 6 FayBoys at the 40cm I then with out changing the sight shoot 6 X-10s and the photo to the right is the results of the X-10s, the larger arrow holes are from the FatBoys. So we will be shooting the X-10s tonight and at the Nationals. There is only one 10 and the rest are nines but this is better than I did with the FatBoys.

The lower target is what I shoot for the league. Pretty good but not great. Mostly 9s, two Xs, one 10 and way too many 8s, 7s, and even a couple of 6s.
I am working on my back tension, not dropping my bow and following through and I feel like I am making progress. I do not understand why if I can put 6 arrows in the yellow on a 40 cm am I having trouble consistently hitting the yellow on the Vegas or 3 Up three spot targets. I will just keep shoot both of the three spots even thought I like the 40cm better.

John told me he is 99% sure I can op to shoot a 40cm as apposed to the Vegas - I will definitely check in to this Saturday when I check in.

The bow is functioning well and there is nothing that needs to be done to it. The rest of my kit is working well and is comfortable.  I am looking forward to the trip and the drive - I had the car serviced Monday. I plan to have 6 FatBoy in my quiver along with 9 X-10s

No comments:

Post a Comment