Friday, March 17, 2017

Took the Olympic recurve and the Dryad long bow to the range today after work.
Only got to shoot from 20 yards for a short time before Brian who was teaching the beginners class moved all of us up to 8 yards.
Before this happened I discovered I needed 500 spine arrows for my long bow instead of the 400 spine I had, lucky I was in a Archery shop so I picked out 12 Gold Tip Traditional carbon arrow with a sort of green feather on them. Having heard what Bo had done I had points of 125 grains with 5 grain inserts and added 20 grain weight to the inserts to give me 150 grain up front. At 8 yards these shoot great, I am looking forward to shooting them at 20 yards.
At this time I got my Olympic out and worked on shooting form with the 30# limbs and the new 660 spine arrow. The arrows seemed to work well but it is hard to know at 8 yards.
I was after a little time able to reproduce the shoot routine and improve my form while producing a nice group.
A good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment