Friday, March 3, 2017

Went to the Dixie Deer Classic just for fun and because my range was closed due to the Classic also to shoot my hunting bow, my Hoyt Double XL at the indoor 3D shoot put on by the North Carolina Bow Hunters club. I think I had already joined this club but was not sure so I paid to join again and was assured if I had already joined that they would just extend it to next years membership. One other thing I went looking for was a para-cord strap for my hunting bow. I found a guy the with such a strap on display and he is making me one in green and camo which will match the bow nicely. He may have it ready Saturday when I go back or will mail it to me.

Shooting the indoor shoot was fun and very different from the outdoor shoots I have done. Of course the range was pretty small and the longest target was about 25 yards out. I did OK - I only had my 20 yard pin sighted in and that with different arrows. I hit every target got two 12s three 10s a bunch of 8s and five 5s. Like I said I did OK scored a 159, A long way from breaking 200 but I will do that this Sunday at Mill Creek.

Going to sight in my Podium again Saturday morning - It was just not right last week also hope to get the Double XL sighting in. Then I will likely go back to the Classic if I am not too tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment