Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Adult JOAD Program

Today I joined the Adult JOAD program at First Flight Archery. I knew a little about JOAD from shoot at the range. Some of them are there Tuesday and Wednesday evening. I have shoot around them and with them almost since I started shooting there. The adult program provides coaching to the members in the group setting just like the young archers. We can earn badges but ours start out at a little higher requirement. Where the young archers have to shoot a 50 on a target of 30 arrows for their first medal the adult has to shoot a 125 on a target of 30 arrows. I do not have any problem with this it is just interesting. Both of us can only shoot for a medal once a month unless one goes to a USA Archery event like the U.S. National Indoor Championships which I am going to this weekend.
The target bellow is the one I shoot Wednesday for my first medal. It was fun doing this, seemed a little silly but it was fun. I was awarded my first medal and the gave me a purple ribbon with a hook that I could put the medal on and hang it from my quiver - which I did. Since I am shoot twice this weekend Saturday at noon and Sunday at noon I can qualify for the next two medal. I need 150 and 175 points for 30 arrows to qualify - I feel pretty sure I can do this.
The right target was the scored set I shoot with the second JOAD group, one can only shoot for one medal a day so this one was just for practice.
I am shooting well but I still hit some blues and way too many reds, I need to stay in the yellow and hit more 10s.
John told me I was not using my back correctly and therefor not getting my elbow into the correct position.  He touched my back showing me where I need to contract it more there. This is not hard to do but I had no idea I was doing it wrong. I am working on this along with not dropping the bow and using my back to activate the release. I am making progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment