Thursday, March 30, 2017

Got back to the range tonight. I missed Tuesday and Wednesday due to have a Colonoscopy. I was really good to get to shoot.

Took the Prevail, even though I can only shoot at 20 yards there I am still trying to use this time to prepare for the Gator Classic.

I did shoot the Prevail through the Chronograph and got an arrow speed for the X10s of 254 fps. I will use this with Archer's Advantage software to make new sight scale tapes for the Prevail.

I was shooting pretty well and felt good. My groups are small but not small enough. In the entire evening I only shot one 7 and that was during practice. I am still working on the things Lesley coached me on and not dropping the bow also following through. I feel like I am making progress and they are becoming more automatic but I do still make sure I am thinking about each step. I realized tonight that I have been thinking about just hitting the yellow circles and have corrected that to thinking about the X and aiming for the X. Until I did this I had not hit the X.

I shoot pretty well in league to night still did not place even with Lesley not shooting compound tonight. I shoot 175 which is my best yet but since we were not shooting center 10s may be a little higher than it seems. I need to get my group smaller.

I need to do some practicing this weekend shoot at 50 yard, either at Nuse River or Springhill Outfitters. I know I am a bit worried about either place due to the possibility of losing arrows because I have done so in the past but I am a bit better now and need to get over this.

I will take some other arrows with me because I do not know if I can trust the sight scales tapes I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment