Thursday, March 2, 2017

My shot process: REVISED

My shot process:
  • Draw and lube arrow
  • Notch and clip in 
  • Feet
  • Raise bow and Draw
  • Peep and Aim
  • Tension to Release
  • Follow through
I am thinking that my Shot Process has changed and I need to rethink it and come up with a revised addition. The main reason it has changed it that I have changed from a Wrist Strap Release to a Thumb Release.

Well after looking at it carefully I realize that the basic steps are the same but what I do in one or more has changed. So Let look at those and see what I need to update.

Draw and Lube - Remove the arrow from my quiver and lubricate the tip and front end of the arrow
Notch and Clip in - Notch arrow onto the string at the nock point then pick release from the pouch and clip in
Feet - Check stance, feet position and make sure I am balanced evenly on both feet
Raise bow and Draw - Lower bow and left shoulder until my left arm is straight at about a 45° angle to the ground. Then raise the bow until my  bow arm is horizontal while leaving my shoulder down, then with my thumb pulled to the center of my palm and away from the thumb knob and a soft bow hand grip draw back to my anchor point
Peep and Aim - Make sure my bow is center balanced - Center my peep in my scope on the target with both eyes open - move thumb onto the thumb knob
Tension to Release - Keep my eyes on the target - increase the tension in my back until release
Follow through - Keep eyes on target after release, allow bow to move forward, keep bow arm pointed to the target, allow my right to move back, keep my eyes one target

Ok I think that has got it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment