Sunday, March 26, 2017

Quewhiffle Creek Bowhunters 3D shoot

I had a bit of trouble getting going this morning, seems since I do not have to be there at a certain time I do not seem to get there early. Nice drive took about and hour and a half to get there. I had replaced my sight scale again hoping to have it be better than last week. I hooked up with Bo but unfortunately I cannot remember to names of the other two gentleman or the two boys of one of them. We sort of shoot it as two groups with the adults shooting in a rotation and the two boys shooting as a group.
I shoot pretty well for the first half not so well the second half. the only 5 I had was due to not reseting my scope after I ranged the target.
I was very fortunate that I hit the leg else that would have been a miss.  I did have a miss on 20 target I shoot under the target. I shoot under the target. I was shooting low all day and I was not sure why but I may have an idea. I was using an arrow with a slightly heaver tip than the rest of my arrows. We found it at 20 but one of the fleshing was damaged so I shoot on of my other arrows at the bonus which when right where I aimed it also I got a 12 on the bonus which helped a lot.

I shoot a 175 my best score yet and I wonder how much better I might have done without the really stupid 5 and the really annoying miss. It was nice not to finish in last place for a change.
I was a real nice place with a different setup. We registered in the store which was open for the event. It is a nice store, well stocked and setup.

Below are five photos of me shooting that Bo took of me setting up and shooting.  I could not get them to fit side by side in this blog but they are in order.





No comments:

Post a Comment