Thursday, March 2, 2017

Went to the range tonight took the Prevail. Normally we shoot a league tonight but they were not having it and were closing at 7 PM. The range will also be closed Friday. They were packing to go to the Dixie Deer Classic which starts at 11AM Friday and runs until Sunday afternoon. There is an indoor 3D shoot there which I will do for fun.

Saturday morning as early as I can get myself out of the house I want to go and see what I can do to improve the sighting on the Podium. I would like to take the Double XL to the Classic just for fun and because I have not gotten to shoot it much. To do this I will have to also get it sighted in Saturday morning.

I shoot a bit better this evening and plan to work with the FatBoys a little longer. I am still not as consistent as I need to be. Shot 67 arrows tonight.

I may have figured something out. The thumb release is just a week and a half old. I found that I have been gripping it two different way. This is something a coach would have likely caught when I first started using the release. I really wish I could find a coach. What I discovered is that sometimes I hold the release so the it is against the middle bone of each finger and with the ends of my fingers just laying against the side of the release. The other way I sometimes hold it is with my fingers wrapping around the release so that the tips of two or three fingers are touching my palm. I have been having inconsistent sight images and I would sometimes have to force to get a usable sight image other times my sight image was clear easy to see and shoot.  The sight image which was clear and easy to shoot was the one that worked the best but until now I could not figure out what was changing to give me the different images. I was only able to shoot two more arrows after I figured this out but I am sure this is at least one thing that has been causing my inconsistence.

No comments:

Post a Comment