Thursday, March 23, 2017

Took the Prevail to the FF range tonight, looking forward to shooting the shooting the league. Real small turn out, Lesley was working or on call and John had a new shooter he was working with so there were only four adults and one youngster. But it was still fun in that I am mostly competing against myself and my previous scores.
I was shooting the X10 because I prefer them and I am beginning to get ready for the Gator Classic. Have a mentioned I am shooting that tournament. I will be my first time competing outdoors also shoot at 50 yards and the 80 cm target. I will have to starting to do more outdoor shooting at 50 yards. I can print targets that are scaled to look like a 80 cm target but at 20 yards. I am not sure if that would be useful practice but I will try it due to limits to outdoor practice availability.
Back to the league. I had spent the previous day this week and last week shooting the FatBoys since I want to shoot them as well as I shoot the X10s.
I only had to make a few sight adjustments to get the X10s hitting well. I have been working hard on the changes I have been making and I feel I am making progress. My consistency is better which has been a major problem for me. Thanks Lesley for your coaching.
I shoot my best score yet at any sort of scored event. I shoot a 171 with 3 Xs. My best before this was the 265s I shoot at the National Championship. Also I seem to have gotten over my problems I was having with Vegas 3 spots. I still only came in third but I was pleased with my score. Now to get into the 280s.

No comments:

Post a Comment