Friday, March 24, 2017

Long bow fun and the range

Took the long bow to the range. When I can afford a fun shoot instead of practice I am enjoying shooting the long bow. Watching John shoot I have learned a better anchor point for my long bow and this has made it easier to shoot and more accurate. Also I found out that I have had my nocks set wrong. they were set wrong when I got them but I did not realize they were wrong. The odd feather should be facing out not up which is correct for compound. Another major feature of have them set properly is the feathers do not cut my hand when I shoot. When I first started shooting I was getting all my arrows on the bail, now they are all on the 40 cm target, I am just shooting this bow instinctively. It has no sort of sight and I do not want to use gap or string walking, just instinctive shooting with the long bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment