Friday, March 17, 2017

Happy Saint Patrick Day

Well I left my band today, Wake and District Pipes and Drums.

Nothing to do with archery but a major event in my life.

I love playing the pipes and it was one of the goals I had set for myself as was joining the Band. However even after and tremendous amount of effort and work, a great deal of money invested in instruments and instruction and being made a member of the band I was never really a part of the band.

I wanted so much to play with the other pipers of the band, to parade with them, play with the smaller groups that would play various gigs around but apparently I am not a good enough piper.

Whenever I volunteered for gigs or small groups I would be turned down. When I would show up for events where all were suppose to be welcome I was treated like they wished I was not there. Nothing was said that I was suppose to hear but I have very good hearing. Even at events that were All Calls when I would show up I would be treaded cooly by member and coldly by NCOs.

I use to look forward to rehearsal every week and any chance to play. After a while I just got tire of the insults, and injury but no instruction. When I realized I was dreading going to rehearsal and that I had not played with the band for six month I decided I did not need that grief in my life and it was time to move on. So I contacted the PM and told him I was leaving the band, he did not ask why but I told him I just did not think there was a place for me, a piper who had worked as hard as he knew how, in the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment