Sunday, March 5, 2017

Mill Creek Bowhunters 3D shoot

Mill Creek Bowhunters 3D shoot was fun and it was a nice place also we had great weather. I went to the range before starting the shoot. I set my sight to 20, 30 and 40 yard marks and shoot arrows at the hanging bag targets hitting the spots on the targets, This helped me feel that the new scale I had put on the sight after the sighting in of the sight I did Saturday was accurate. 

I then joined a man Phillip and his wife Shely who I did not know but were waiting for a group. He was shooting a fun shoot and she was shooting known 40. They usually shot the same peg. They were pretty good and we had a nice time. They were both better than I. 

I did shoot better this week four 5s, two 8s and the rest 10s. No misses. First I feel the sight was accurate this week, second I am always holding the release the say way now and both lead to me shooting better. Also I am continuing to working on keeping my elbow back and up as I hold also keeping my bow up for follow through so I do not drop it after I release. I shot 176 my personal best but still short of my goal to break 200. I had one other first today I shot the whole event with the same arrow. First shoot I have not lost of destroyed at least one arrow.

Next week I am off to the nationals which should be interesting and fun. I am looking forward to it. I will work with the Prevail Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and will be driving up after work on Friday. I shoot at noon on Saturday and Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment