Saturday, April 1, 2017

Never never never dry fire


Never never never dry fire your bow. First time for me to make this mistake. I hope I will not do this again. The main string came off, one of the control cables came lose on in end. But otherwise the bow is ok. Thankfully. This happened with the Podium, not the Prevail.

Other than this I had a real good day the the range at First Flight. I was first working with the blue Prevail. I was very close to being deal on being sighted in at 20 yards. Also my consistency is improving. I have found that I can reduce my sight movement by relaying and focusing.  I was not able to do it every time but I was getting better at it. I do not know why but sometimes when I shoot I have little or no sight movement but others it seems to bounce all over the place. Maybe I should let down and start over when I am having one of the bouncing setups.
This is my first 10, 10, 10 I have ever shot or if you are only counting center 10s the it is a 10, 10, 9 - I have had a number of those.

When experimenting with the 470 and 420 spine X10 Pro Tours I found out that both are wrong and I need to be shooting 340 spine X10s. I am so frustrated with arrow spines. I will try to sell the 470s, I only have 11 of them, and archer's dozen. LOL For now I will shoot the 420s but in time I will get a set of 340 X10 Pro Tour shafts and build another set of them.

Now why did I call the Prevail the blue Prevail earlier. Well I have decided that I am tired of trying to get the Prevail to shoot both indoor and outdoor arrows. SO I will use my Blue Prevail 40 as my outside bow and set it up and tune it to shoot the X10 Pro Tour. I have ordered from First Flight a Green Prevail 40 setup just like the Blue Prevail and it will be my inside bow setup and tuned to shoot the FatBoy arrows. 

I also took the Podium to the range. I wanted to check the sighting of the scope and to try shooting the Full Core arrows again. The sighting was close and the Full Cores shoot very well but I did have to change the sight and now have to move the tape.

Looking forward to Tar River Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment