Sunday, April 30, 2017

US Archery Level 1 & 2 Coaching workshop

I spent my weekend in Statesboro GA at the Southern Georgia University in their Shooting Sports Education Center attending the US Archery Level 1 and Level Coaching workshop. it was a challenging but fun and interesting weekend. At the end there was a written test which I passed. I missed to of the 80 questions on the test, I wanted to miss none but that did not happen. So I am now a certified level 2 instructor. I do feel however that I will need a good bit of real experience with actually working with students before I will be comfortable calling myself a coach but I did learn a lot and it was a useful experience.

Teaching the course was Coach Trevor Stewart assisted by Coach Cassandra Pelton. Both from the SSEC from SGU.

There was not shooting test but we did practice coaching other members of the class - this was useful but not realistic because the person we were coaching had just gone over the same information we had and knew what to do and how to do it. Still it was a good experience. We did shoot for them mostly I believe so that they could know that we did know how to handle a bow.

There were 4 of us in the class a husband and wife from Costa Rica, they flew in to take the course. The other gentleman was local to the area. We covered a lot of material in two days and I will spend a good bit of time reviewing the books and picking up bits I may have missed during class.

The range was pretty amazing a full 30 meter indoor range and it was beautifully build and setup.
Below are some photos of the Center, the range a shots during class.












No comments:

Post a Comment