Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Good day at the range. Dropped off my Podium now if the strings just come in one Thursday or Friday as promised I will be happy.

I had left the Prevail with John since Saturday evening - I wanted him to make sure it was setup correctly and setup as well as is possible for the 420 spine X10 Protour arrows. He made several changes.
  1. Moved the rest left and up.
  2. Moved the D-loop.
  3. Moved the peep.
He sent me this paper tear test which looks great to me. I was looking forward to shooting her even before I saw this.

John does no like the washers I have under the mount for my sight but they work and are what was recommended to me my Axcel, the manufacture of my sight. I had email them and asked about my problem with the scope housing hitting the sight before I could move it enough right to get my left/right correct.

I did not shoot very well tonight, not terrible but not a well as I have been shooting. I was having trouble with focus so my shot routine was off and I had trouble following it. Part of the problem I think was I was a bit hesitant about shooting a bow after what happened Sunday. This feeling got better as the even wore on but I was still having some trouble. I did have to spend all of the practice time before the pin shoot to get the bow sighted in again. After the changes John made it was shooting right and down at about 4:30 on a clock face from center. I was running out of right adjustment so I adjusted the place the sight is mounted on the tube and centered the adjustment for left and right. I was still making small adjustment during the pip shoot but did get it well dialed in for about the 13th end.

Tonight was a pin night and I shot 275 tying my best score to date. I only needed 175 to get my third, Silver, pin so of course I got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment