Thursday, April 6, 2017

Good time at the range tonight. Took the blue Prevail 40. Took a about a dozen arrow to sight it in which I do not understand because it was very good Wednesday. I have noticed that I have to reset the sight every time I shoot my bows. I assume it is due to the fact that I move the sight extension arm and remove the scope when I pack the bow for travel. Both of these are keyed to go back to the same point but I assume there is a possibility of them being in slightly different spots and that what makes it necessary to re-sight the bow.

I may have reached a limit for accuracy of my current ability unless I am doing something wrong. Most of my arrow hit the 9 or 10 rings, and a lot of them are 9s sort of in circles around the 10 ring. All 9s is 30 points down so I have to do better than this.

I did PR tonight during league, I scored a 277 also I got my first perfect end of three 10s. I came in second out of 3 compound archers tonight. The other two were Jay and Wendy who I shot 3D with last Sunday. Jay won with a 289 and Wendy shot a 273.

There were three bare bow shooter there two recurve and one long bow also one Olympic. The Olympic gave the bare bow shoot a handicap of 100 or 110 points and the 4 archers shot against each other. As did the three compound archers. It all made for an interesting league.

I really hope that the thing that is causing my arrow to be grouping larger than I want sometimes is the weak spine of the arrows. Because if that is the problem the fixing that will be easy, expensive but easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment