Saturday, April 22, 2017

NCFAA shoot at DCWC

I had a busy week before the shoot. I received the parts for my new Protour X10, cut and built them. They work very well and I shot them at the field shoot.

The field shoot was very different and there were many new experiences for me. One problem was that even though I thought I had a good sight tape I did not. It was off by 3 yards a 30 yds. and just got worse from there. I wanted to shoot this event so I whet out anyway. Hence my first shot on all distance except 25 yards and shorter was to sighting in and hoping I would get at least 3 good arrows on the target. Except for the two 80 yards shots I did manage to always hit the target and on the 80 yarders I hit the wooden target frame. One high the other low. With the help of the fellows I was shooting with I did get all my arrows and did not lose any. However when I made up this arrows I only put a little hot melt glue on them incase I needed to remove the tips to adjust the weight. This turned out to not be a good idea, during the shoot I lose the tips out of six of my arrows. Replacements already on order.

This 25 with one X I shot from 25 yards and I had another 20 with 2 Xs form 20 yards. I shot pretty well considering most of my first shots were just close at best, I would really like to know how I might have done if I had a accurate sight tape. It is becoming the bane of my archery with m blue Prevail. I seem to have gotten an accurate tape for the Podium.

This was a long day and a lot of arrows and I did burn out some toward the end also I needed to carry more water and some snacks. We also got rained on a little and due to the rain Lee one of the guys I shoot with accidently took four of my arrows home. I have contacted him and will be picking up my arrows Thursday evening. This will be good so I can have all of them with me for coaching school this weekend.

You may have noticed that my arrows had black spin-vanes on them. they work well and look cool but are impossible to see. I have removed them and replace them with red Air vanes in a four fletch.

No comments:

Post a Comment