Saturday, April 8, 2017

Took the blue Prevail 40, the Podium and the Dryad to the range today. I mostly took the Podium to test a few different vane configuration on the Full Bore arrows. The results were interesting. I plan to shoot the Full Bores with the 5" feather fletchings this Sunday at the 3 D shoot.

I spent most of my time shooting the Prevail. I figured out what was causing me to fell that there was something wrong with my anchor point. The problem turned out to be that the peek was too low, I found my self looking through the gap in the string above the peek. John was able to slide it up and my problem with my anchor point was gone.

I am making some progress most all my shoots are in the yellow but the group is still to large but most time they are consistent. I am frustrated that I do not seem to be able to improve more at this time. I shot 103 arrows today and with all I shot Friday evening it was a pretty good practice

Then about to ends later I shot the set in the second image. It is not easy to see but there are five arrows in the group in the 10 ring. But I still cannot do it consistently. At this time I do not know what else to do but to keep practicing being careful to work on the areas I know I have some problems with and that I have been working on.

At 3:30 I packed up the Prevail and shot the Dryad longbow. I t was a lot of fun as usually. I was very accurate Friday evening at 8 yards. I did pretty well at 20 but not as well as I had at 8.
The bow seems to preforming beautifully, in spite of the problems i had getting it I am pleased with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment