Sunday, April 2, 2017

Tar River 3D shoot - 2

Yesterday I accidentally dry fired my Podium, my 3D bow. It was checked out and appeared to be OK but there was some damage to the strings. I ordered a new set of strings and decided to shoot Tat River 3D shoot anyway. I shoot it a dozen time at the range then another dozen at the range at Tar River. Everything seemed to be fine but on 14th target at full draw before I released there was a sound like a shoot gun. My arrow was laying on the ground 5 feet in front of me, the bow string came completely off and wrapped around my arm and the single upper control cable was off the upper cam. My left arm suffered the worse of it. Moral of there story - Do not shoot questionable strings and cables.

Beside the above I had a real good time at the shoot. This was my first 3D shoot and it is the hilliest of any on them I have shoot.  I got really tired by about the 15 target the first time and in spite of have been on my feet almost all day at the range the day before I have not trouble today, granted it was a bit cooler today but I am hopping I am just a little stronger.

I have switched back to the Easton Full Core arrows which are what I shoot here the first time. The first time I destroyed five arrows and lost two. I have now shot several 3D shoots with the same arrow. Today I was shooting well for me and felt like I was on my way  to breaking 180 or maybe better.

After 10 targets I was 7 down and 9 down at 13 when my string came off and I was forced to stop. I was shooting for 12 and managed to get one if I could have gotten one or two more and just shoot tens and a good bonus I would have been in the 190s.

I shoot to day with Jay and Wendy, a very nice couple who I have shoot with before and met at First Flight Archery.

Next week is back to Quewhiffle Creek and it is also an ASA qualifier. I am not sure what that is but I will ask to find one.  If my strings are not in for my 3D bow I will shoot my hunting bow the Double XL. Not sure if will shoot the Easton Full Core arrows or the Easton BowFire arrows which it is setup for.  I will be shooting it some this week in any rate.

The Full Cores did shoot well, in fact the bow was shooting  very very well shots that felt correct when where I aimed them. Shots that did not feel as correct still were pretty good.  I have a couple of bare shafts complements of Easton due to shaft failures I have had,  that I will make up and four fletch with Ice vanes which I am very fond.  My current Full Bore have two feather fletchings.

No comments:

Post a Comment