Wednesday, April 5, 2017

A good evening. Took the Blue Prevail 40 to the range. After almost two months of waiting the red vibration dampers for the bow came in. I picked them up at lunch and put them on when I got to the range. I really did not like wasting range time doing this but the bow looks so much better with them that I am glad I did.

I also changed the angle of the cable slider from 9° to 6° because the cables were in my sight image so much they were distracting. I can still see them at 6° but the are almost out of sight to the right. Much better this way but I did had to resight the bow again.

The JOAD archers were shooting for pins tonight but I was not eligible since I had earned my pin this month Tuesday evening. I just shoot and scored to see if I could best my personal best of 275. During the first session I was still working on the sight hence the arrows that hit the blue and my score was 42 down so 258. The second session was better but not great I scored 28 down so a 272 close but also a long way off. I had a lot of ends where I had arrows all in the 9 ring but at 2, 6 and 10 of a clock face around the edge of the 9 ring. That has to be me, there is no sight adjustment to fix that. I guess it might be the weak spine of my arrows but I will not know that until I get the new X10 ProTours - man I have put a lot of money in those arrows due to bad advice from people I trusted to know. Hopefully I can sell them or even better use them on another bow. maybe the bare bow or Olympic but would have to cut them for the Olympic. I did have some really good ends. Three times I would have two arrows both inside out with the third arrow just outside the center ten ring.

My shot routine is not going as well as it was. Part of it is focus and part in that since John made the changes to my bow, which were needed, my anchor point it slightly different and I am having trouble getting use to it. Well I have only shot with the changes twice but still it feels different.

When my new X10 ProTours shalfs get in I am planning to bite the bullet and put SpinVanes on them. It will be a first for me but they seem to be the prefered vane of the pros. Also if I believe Archers Advantage I need to cut the X10 ProTours 380 spine to 28.25 inches. I plan on doing this but it does worry me a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment