Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Took my Olympic with the 30 pounds limbs to the range. I wanted work on my form on the Olympic hence the 30# limbs. They did make it a lot easier to work on my form but I could not hit anything I aimed at. I kept adjusting my sight and plunger but nothing had the needed results. I took the stabilizers off and shoot at one of the close bails. My arrow was stuck in the bail at almost a 45º - I tried this several times and it always at about a 45º angle. When watching more closely to the arrow path I could see it flipping back and forth. The Carbon One arrows I shoot have a 550 spine. John suggest we try weaker spine arrow and he found a 700 spine arrow. I shoot it and it flew straight to where I aimed it and hit the target where I aimed.  I know that spine was important but I had not seen it for myself before. I had John order me a set of Carbon One shafts with a spine of 660 which is what the Easton chart recommends for my draw and 30# limbs. Also ordered points nock inserts and pin nocks.  I am pretty sure I have enough vanes. I could have likely have gotten the cheaper and quicker but John helped me and I felt like it was the right thing to do. He will cut the shafts once he gets them but I will assemble the arrows myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment