Saturday, February 11, 2017

2017 North Carolina State Indoor and JOAD State Indoor Championships

I had a real good time ant the 2017 North Carolina State Indoor and JOAD State Indoor Championships in Advanced NC at Drop Tine Archery, 100 Webb Way, Advance, NC  27006 336-940-3250. It turned out to be a pretty nice place. Range about the same size as First Flight but with better lighting on the targets. Stores is smaller but better stocked.
I went up the hopping I was registered and I was thankfully. I decided to go ahead and drive over figuring if I did not get to shoot then I would just have driven 4 hours round trip to see an archery store.
After the first of two practice ends I decided to switch back to the X10s but only had one practice to get my scope right. This may have been a mistake for it took at least 4 ends to get the scope close and a couple more to get it right.  I do like shooting those X10s, wish they were not so costly.



  I was assigned to target 16 D which I had no problem with however the first time I took the line it seemed very crowded. It was not like this at First flight or Lancaster so I am guessing the lanes here are a bit smaller. They asked me to move to target 3A. There was no one shooting on 4B right beside me so there was lots of space. I did worry a bit because I was scoring with three children. The Judge ask me to call out the scores and two of the youngsters record the scores. I am not use to children having never had them and they were uncomfortable with me at first. Turned out I was concerned over nothing. They relaxed after a couple of ends and I guess I did also. They were pleasant and polite and we got on just fine. I actually enjoyed watching them and joking with them. There was one young man Boras, and two Young ladies, Lilly and Erica. They all shot recurve, Erica shot bare bow. Boras did the score sheet pictured and I have checked his math - no errors. I shot 518 which I think would have been better if I have been setup for the X10s when I arrived, I will not make that mistake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment