Saturday, February 25, 2017

Went to Springhill to shoot and sight in the new sight. Beautiful day almost warm but a bit windy.
Using the orange nail markers I had put there the week before I sighted in the new sight pretty quickly. I even added a 70 yard mark and used it.
Had my first early release with the new release at 40 yards. I went to reestablish my anchor and forgot where my thumb was. I shot over the target, Heard the arrow hit a tree. I finished that yardage and after getting my arrows from the target I went looking for the arrow that got away. I found about the back 4" of the arrow but continued to look. Found the front of the arrow in the bank of a ditch. I could not get to it but did not want to leave it there. I was concerned that whoever owned the property may complain or cause trouble for Springhill Outfitters. I got some help from the store to retrieve the arrow.
When I went to put a distance scale on the sight I found that none of the scales that came with the sight were not a match. None were long enough. I use a scale from a website that I had downloaded and printer out along with some double sided tape. This seemed to work well.

No comments:

Post a Comment