Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Well Wednesday was a challenging day. Only two people worked on my bow and somehow 4 of the threads which made up my bow string got cut but no one did it.  At any rate I had to get a new bow string so I ordered a a custom BCY Red and Blue string with control cables in blue with red servings.  It looks great. Because I was worried about using the bow and wanted to use it this weekend I had it expedited. It came in today so I took a little time off of work and went to get the string installed which went very well. We installed the Blue hood Advanced 37ยบ peep. I asked about using an aperture to reduce the peep size along with the +1 Clarifier. I was told that it was not possible to use both but I could install a 1/8" +1 Clarifier in the 1/4" aperture that came with my blue peek. I decided to try this. When I started shooting the bow I could see the level which I was not able to see when I was using a 1/8" peep with a +1 one Clarifier. I did however have a problem I was seeing my sight circle along with 2 ghost images of the sight circle. I tried cleaning the lens but this had no effect. The correct circle was slightly darker than the ghost so I just shot with it. It diid make it hard to shoot and did effect my shooting.
I was shooting the X10s arrows very well but but wanted to see how I could do with the Fatboy arrows.  I did OK but was just aiming what I thought the offset would be.
I did have an unexplained mishap when I removed one of my X10 from the bail it was damaged.  Several folks think I hit a point that was imbedded in the bail. I am not sure just was upset to lose a $40 dollar arrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment