Monday, February 6, 2017

2017 North Carolina State Indoor Championships

I had a good time at the 2017 North Carolina State Indoor Championships today and I shoot pretty well also which does not hurt. The bow is performing well but I am worried about the string. In one of the changes of the peek site which has happened over the last two day three or four strains of the string were cut. There are only two people who worked on it and I am sure I know who did it but he is not admitting it. He will never touch a bow of mine again. I have ordered a new string, custom colors Blue and Red.  I just hope it gets here soon.

I shot a 277 which is 6 better than the 271 I shot on the same target Friday. More than the score I felt like I was shooting better, when arrows left the bow and the groups on the target.
Christine was there shooting, she was in the same group as me but we were on opposite sides of the range. I had never seen her shoot before, it was interesting.

She came over to talk to me between ends around the 9th end. She asked how I was doing. I told her well and that I was enjoying myself. She asked how I was shooting. Pretty well I said but my groups are a bit left. She asked if I had adjusted my sight. I told her no. She talked to me briefly about the fact that new user can be worried about adjusting the sight and that if my groups, the whole group was left I should adjust it. She asked me if I knew what to do. I told her three clicks left. She said correct and do that. I said I would. It did help but they were still a bit left so next end I did it again and again it got better.

We had 4 minutes I think to shoot five arrows. I had planned to really slow down my shoot routine and this did seem to help. The more I slowed down the better I seemed to be shooting. Christine and Brentt were the last to finish each end. By the end of the tournament I was taking almost all the time to shoot sometimes finishing after Christine. Because she was usually the last to finish I would usually just stand on the line and watch her shoot. She is very fluid, I would like to move like that.
Brett the guy in the photo was a guy I shot with on my target all weekend. He was a very nice guy, I enjoyed meeting him. He shoots Olympic Recurve and dose so pretty well.

I forgot to photograph my score sheet for this final shoot which I am really annoyed with myself over.

No comments:

Post a Comment