Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Took my Olympic bow to the range tonight. Even though I am preparing for the Nationals on Mar 10th I still want to spend a little time with my recurve or long bow each week but next week I think I will bring the recurve on Tuesday because if I take my Bagpipe lesson I have more time to shoot on Wednesdays. So Tuesday will be Recurve/Long Bow, Wednesday & Thursday Compound target bow and Friday will be 3D or other bows.
I was really struggling with the Olympic and was a bit frustrated. John, Brian and Leisa all gave me some instruction which helped a lot. I try very hard not to bother them or to interfere with they work with their JOAD archers. But they offered and I was not doing well and did not know why.
I had my anchor point wrong for a recurve. I had to move it back and down. I needed to get it under my jaw. This took a good bit of effort to achieve. Also moving it back made my clicker go off too soon so I had to adjust it several times, it is better now but may still need more work. I had some trouble getting my sight to work with the new position but after some adjustments I got it working also with the anchor.
Once I had them approving my shots from the anchor I was told I needed to improve my release. I am apparently pulling my hand out away from my face and body instead of back along the same line as the arrow finishing behind my head. I made some progress on this but will work on both next Tuesday.
I have ordered some 30 pound limbs so I can work on the form with less draw weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment