Thursday, February 9, 2017

Went to the range today but was feeling a bit rough. Shoot fairly well but not as well as I would liked. I removed the 1/8" +1 clarifier and 1/4" aperture and installed a 1/4" +1 clarifier. This completely did away with the ghosting problem. Real nice clear image now in my sight. I had to make a few sight adjustments but once done everything is fine. I can easily see the sight level and the circle is clear, I just have make sure every thing is centered.
I shot a few X10s - I really like theses arrows but decided I needed to shoot the Fat-boys which are more of an indoor arrow. It took about 12 turns of the vert. sight know up to get the arrows centered. After that they shoot well but not a consistently as the X10s.
I shoot the league and enjoyed it. I had a couple of early releases which hurt my score. One resulted in my only 6. I scored 276.  Not great and I wonder if I would have done better with the x10s.  I plan to remove the vanes from the Fat-boys and make them 4 fletched tonight and maybe shoot 5 scored session with the them then re-sight for the X10s and shoot 5 more ends scored to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment