Thursday, February 2, 2017

to Michael Porter

Greetings my friend.

I had a good time at Lancaster - I did not win Senor Open but I did not come in last either. I came in 50th out of 55. Actually I shot very poorly but do not know why. I was not nervous, actually I found it fun and exciting. 3.5 hours to shoot 60 arrows is a long time but I did not get tired or feel wore out. I guess all the shooting lots of arrows the 5 weeks before I went worked. I shot 524 out of 660 which is 40 points short of what I thought I would shoot based on what I had been averaging at the league shoots and scored practice round I did with a timer. I have been averaging 286 out of 330 during those.

Working on 5 spot targets now for the North Carolina State Indoor and JOAD State Indoor Championships at First Flight this weekend. I have to shoot 3 spot vertical and 5 shot for that shoot.

I am now shooting a blue Hoyt Prevail 40 for my target bow, very pleased with it. I have also gotten the Double XL which I will hunt with. It looks real nice but I have not shoot it much. It is setup but not sighted in yet. The Red Podium 40 is my 3D bow.

Do you have either a phone number and /or email address for Jim of Pittsboro? I saw him at the LAS store while in PA. He offered to sell me a Carter Like Mike Release which I was looking at LAS for $130 which retail for $170 at LAS.

Hope you are doing well. Let me know how you are even if you do not have info on Jim.

Thanks

Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment