Sunday, February 19, 2017

Gooch's Mill Archery Club 3D shoot

Had a real good time at the Gooch's Mill Archery Club 3D shoot. My first time at this club. It is a very nice place. I enjoy the day very much.
The was my second 3D shoot. I did better than last week but I made two dumb mistakes - I ranged the target and did the rest of my shot routine except I for resetting my sight. So on the first shot I shot over the target but we found the arrow undamaged. The second hit the top of the target only about an inch from going over the top so I got 5 points for that one. Other than that I had one shot that was just bad, I just jerked the release. I shot under the target and hit a tree. My Easton Fat-Boy was broken in two right at the vanes. We did find both pieces.
In general I did shoot better than last week. Last week I shot 113, this week 171. I was able to more or less get rid of the two misses by hitting the 14 circle on the bonus target. Like getting two sevens in place of the two misses. I do admit it was luck hitting the 14 - I had aimed two inches lower and right of the 14 but I will take it. Most of the time I hit where I aimed or very close to it. I now need to learn where the 10 and 12 rings are on target, up to now I have been aiming for center.
The 4 fletch Fat-Boys worked well - I will re-fletch the other Fat-Boys this evening.

I have gotten a place to shoot at US National Indoor Archery Championships in Harrisonburg, VA on March 10 - 12 2017. I have email and mailed my application and check for the shoot.
I am looking forward
to the Championship and the 3D shoot this coming weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment