Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Good evening at the range. Bow is performing well and is more familiar to hold and use. Lots of delays with the JOADs tonight, not sure why there are more some nights than others. Also so delay due to them getting their shot clock working. They did get it working and it seems like it will be easy to use. Took another turn off the limb bolts last night so I am up to a total of 6 and there are 2 more available to me. If I do take more off I will do so in half turns.
Sight is getting close now after the mods the night before. Hit some Xs and most in the white ring on the 5 spot targets. I have decided that the 1/8" peep is too small - I cannot see the scope level while looking at the target. I have to move around to see it and I do not like this, other may not have a problem with this but I do. I have asked John to get me a larger sight, will will see how well this works out.
I only shoot about 37 arrows, both Fat Boys and Carbon Ones - I really like the Carbon Ones.  I have not shoot any of My X10 with this bow yet.
Tried once again to use my Hogg Spot thumb release after John adjusted it to be harder. It fired prematurely again. My arrow flew down range and landed on the ground and I hit myself in the mouth hard enough to bleed inside of my mouth a little. I am having trouble trusting that thing especially since my wrist release works so well and reliably.

No comments:

Post a Comment