Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Made it to the range. Had to have John reposition my new peep sight and I bought a 1/8" plus one Clarifier for it - I can now see the target easily. I then started shooting a 5 spot target like I will be shooting this weekend at the tournament. I had to move the sight right a good bit and up a little bit also it took a number of adjustments but I was hitting centers. Then I had to leave for my bagpipe lesson with John S. I also took one more turn off the limbs to reduce the draw weight so that is a total of 5 turns so far - Hoyt's book say I can safely do up to 8 full turns. Looking forward to getting to shoot it again Wednesday evening. After I got home I changed the blade for the rest to a much wider one, added three washers under the mount for the rest to give more adjustment to the right on my sight. I also replaced my D-loop because John said I had tight it on backwards - I thought I had it correct.  I did not check just assumed he knows what he is talking about.
I modified the mount for the wrist strap for the Double XL so that I could mount the quick disconnect and rear stabilizers on the Double XL. This went very well and I am looking forward to getting a chance to shoot and sight this bow in.

No comments:

Post a Comment