Friday, January 27, 2017

2017 Lancaster Classic

Took my time getting up and going to the sports center - I did not shoot until 4 PM and the only other things I plan to do was to look at the vender booths and to practice, which I am limiting myself to an hour of and am doing so a couple of hours before my shooting time.  I want to be rested.
The vendors were interesting but except for getting to see and try a Perflex release and getting to see and draw back a Prevail 40. This on was green and had the other cam on it not X3 which I am getting.  I liked the look feel of the Prevail 40. I got to see a bow in the blue color my Prevail will come in - I like the shade of blue it is.
The practice shooting was much less ridge and controlled than I expected. I had to wait almost no time to shoot and got my hour plus a bit with out any problem.
I did pick up the Clear Targets Aurora Star Custom 4X Lens with a Halo Reticle from Lancaster. Dan had arranged for it to be at their trailer for me to pickup, They had a bit of trouble finding it but did after a phone call and a few minutes looking.
I told myself I would not install it until after I shot but that did not happen - it looked so good I went straight to the practice area/bow storage and got my bow and installed the new lens.  Then went right to the practice range.  I had to make very few adjustment to get to shoot well with it. It is also so bright and clear.  I believe it is well worth the money. By the time I stopped my practice I was hitting 9s, 10s and 11s exclusively.
My qualification shoot was fun and I did enjoy the even but I did not shoot anywhere near as well as I had hopped and expected. I did not feel nervous if anything I was excited. I was with three nice guys all younger than me but still nice. There was Devin who shoot a 640, Justin who 602 and David for shoot 600. I shoot 524 and once I miss my target completely. I really do not know what happened in that shoot I was doing my regular shot routine and I was easily hold on target pull with my back waiting for it to fire and well I really do not know what happened but as soon as I shot did I knew it was very wrong. My one good take away from this is that I let it go and went to my same shot routine on the third target and hit the X. My first target on this end was a 10 to for this end I got 10, miss and 11. Also in the next end when I shot the middle target I got a 9 so I did not let that weird shot freak me out. I shoot a boat load of 9s, 8s, and 7s, 3 - 11s and some 10s. I really meant to photograph my score card before I turned it in but I forgot. Since I was the only one in my group who knew anytime about computers I was elected to enter the scores into the table. We had only one dispute. no one got angry. It was kind of interesting for me to see how it is done. I and one other were over ruled but it was not about my target anyway.
I really did expect to shoot better. If I could have shoot as well as I have beeb on league night should have scored around 564. So I was 40 points off and I do not know what. I have worked hard on my routine and do it more or less automatically or subconsciously which is what I have been working towards. Most of my shot, better than 90% fell correct but only about 75% of those hit where I thought they would. I ended up in 50th place for my group out of 55 archers so not last but close.
I will just keep working and try harder to find a coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment