Sunday, January 15, 2017

Christine Harrelson
to me
Ashby, it looks like you have been very dedicated in your practice.  This is great and I love your passion for the sport.  I can totally identify with that, it wasn't so long ago I was in your shoes!  I've been getting a flood of emails from you since you began taking lessons which I do not want to ignore.  From what I've seen, most of this information is good for your archery performance journal and is more appropriate for that vs. a daily email to me.  Daily emails are something we would do if I was your coach on retainer, but alas I do not even have the luxury of time right now even if you wanted to do that.   But if you have specific questions between lessons that you feel are pertinent to moving forward in your practice, feel free to put those in one email and I will review and answer them.  

One of the most beneficial things you can do now is to settle into your equipment set up, write out your shot routine, practice it consciously during blank bale, then spend time tapping into shooting with your subconscious mind.  During that you want to "feel" your shots and you don't need to coach yourself through every step of the shot.  If you run into days where things just don't jibe, put the bow down.  That happens to every single archer.  Mental and physical rest are as important as the mental and physical training.  Practicing while you're tired or injured can create bad habits quickly and you'll want to avoid that.  

Hang in there, you got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment