Sunday, January 29, 2017

I did not qualify on Friday so there was nothing for me to shoot on Saturday or Sunday but the practice ranges was still open and I was allowed to shoot them so I did. I shoot about 52 arrows each day. It takes a lot longer to shoot at this practice range because of all the people. On Sunday I was the only person shooting on my target so I started shooting two targets, five or six arrows per end. It was nice to be able to shoot.
Saturday I was tired and not feeling great and Sunday I was sick but determine to shoot, maybe I should not have. Driving home Sunday was very difficult and unpleasant. It took me 8.5 hours to get home mostly from all the stops I had to make, the traffic was not too bad.
While I was walking out with my bow bag over my shoulder I saw Lexi Keller sitting on the floor with her laptop and her dog 'Jedi'. I was pretty sure it was her but asked anyway. She looked thinner than on Youtube and I told her so. I told her I was a fan and have learned a lot from watching her. She was very nice and pleasent and responded to me in kind. I asked her how she had done and she said she had missed qualifying by just a few points but she was not upset because she was using mostly new and newly set up equipment. She asked how I did and I told her not as well as I had hopped but I had had fun. She was very nice, now I am even more of a fan.
Most of this weekend I seemed to be shooting all around the X but not hitting it. I was like I was shooting a ring around it.  I assumed my sight was OK because I was shooting above, below, left, right and in between all of those just not the center. I was shooting better when I was no NC, I am not sure what to do about this.

I found out on Saturday that my Hoyt Prevail 40 in blue with the X3 cams had come in at Springhill Outfitters. I will try to pick it up Monday. My plan is to set this bow up completely myself. I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment