Saturday, May 27, 2017

2017 Gator Cup @ the Easton Foundation

This was my first outdoor target shoot. We shot from 50 meters at 80cm targets, We shot six arrows per end and we shot 12 ends. So including the three practice round that's 90 arrows today.  I had not shot since Thursday's 3D league at First Flight which I won by the way. I had left to drive here at 5:30 in the morning and should have arrived around 2 pm so I could practice and was on schedule to do that until I got on I-10 and I hit a traffic jam which caused me to take 3 plus hours to travel 5 miles. Then when I got to what I thought is the end it is not they were forcing everyone to exit the interstate. Seem some bozo rolled a fuel truck over. I hope he is OK but wonder if he has any idea or cares just how many people he stole hours of time from.
I shoot with Kevin Polish a pro with Prime and Justin, We only had the three of us on bail 29, I shot target B. I did not shoot very well I shot 556 out of 720 which put me in last place 71st with only five archers after me who apparently did not start. I had a lot of trouble with focus due to the heat I believe. I missed the whole target three time but did at least hit the paper, I did not lose any arrows. It was strange on two of the ends where I missed I also shot an X and several nines. Justin thought my misses were due to wind but I am not sure. I started making myself drink between every end and do what I could to cool off. I also did some breathing to relax between ends. All of this helped but not enough. I wore a white tech shirt to help with the heat and I believe it did help, I wish I had had a 'Frog-Tog' which may have kept me cooler.
It is a beautiful place and I will likely shoot it again. I just want to shoot better. I am tired of last place.

No comments:

Post a Comment