Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Took my Olympic Recurve to the range tonight - I will likely usually do this because I want get better at shooting this bow. Tonight I was terrible. My sight was setup for the 30 pound limbs and was way way off for the 42 pound limbs. I wanted to shoot the 42 pounds limbs because they shoot better with my 550 spine arrows than they do with the 30 pound limbs. I need to get 660 spine arrows for the 30 pound limbs. I wanted to shoot for a pin with the recurve bow but I only scored 32 in the first session. most of my arrows hit very high close left to right but high. It took my five or six adjustments of the sight to get them closer and five or so more to get the sight right. For the second session I was shooting a bit better hitting two or more arrows that scored on each end. I needed a score of 100 and and got 101 which was very poor but good enough to get my first pin. I will get the 660 spine arrows so I can use the 30 pound limbs and work on my form. I really do not want to buy more arrows but want to improve with this bow and this was what I was advised to do so I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment