Saturday, May 6, 2017

NCFAA shoot at Big Buck Archery Club

I went to the shoot a Big Buck Archery Club. It is a beautiful place but not easy to find. They really need better directions and a couple of signs would help.
I shot the course with two extremely nice and pleasant young men Justin and Ryan. They were both good archers but also were very kind to me with my difficulties in getting around. I enjoyed shooting with them very much.
Even though I thought I had a good sight tape I did not. It was pretty good at short ranges but at over 35 or so yards it was still off. At the 70 yard walk up I set my sight at 80 yards and was still low, below the target low, still on the bail but low.
Since I could not trust and use my sight I did not enjoy the shoot that and because I found the place physically challenging I did not shoot the second 14 targets which were just a repeat of the first 14.
I would go again but would bring my walking stick and only if I can get a reliable sight tape. I will see if I can hire John to make for me or better yet teach me how to create accurate sight tapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment