Sunday, May 21, 2017

Nuse River 3D Bowhunters Club shoot

Sunday I shoot the Nuse River 3D Bowhunters Club shoot. This was a very good shoot with cooler weather than we had Saturday. I got in a group with three very nice and good archers, Gary, Jammie and Sammie. Shooting with these three gentleman was both pleasant and challenging. I again shoot everything upper 12s but with much less success than on Saturday. Some of my shoots were high again also some were right of my aim. I did have some dead on shoots where I aimed so I do believe my tape is good and that it is me. What I do not understand is why I mostly hit where I aim at the range and miss so badly on the 3D course. I do feel it is me and need to find out what I am doing or not doing and fix it. I had one major mistake on the 5th target I ranged the target and forgot to set my scope, so I shoot under the target and lost my first arrow in at least 5 events. In spite of this I still managed to shoot a 175 tying Saturday best score. I shoot for the 14 on the bonus but missed for a 5. I had the range but shoot a bit left. The photo of the selfie is where we all shoot a 12, mine was an upper but I had called it.

 
There was one sort of unique target on the course they had put a bobcat up a tree sort of out on a limb setup so we could lower the cat down to score and get our arrows. This was pretty cool and interesting to shoot. I had a good time and did not wear out too much which I was worried about haing been pretty worn from Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment