Sunday, May 13, 2018

Sight Marks Olympic Recurve Bow

There was not a local 3D shot this Sunday, I am not sure why so I decided to go to Boneyard Archery to put some sight marks on my Olympic Recurve bows sight.

I had a mark for 10 and 20 yards, but I verified the 20 yard one anyway then shot at 25 yards, 30 yards, 40 yards and 50 yards. It was pretty hot in there so I took a number of breaks to cool off. The 25 and 30 yard marks came pretty easy but the 40 gave me a lot of grief - I think I was dropping my bow arm and it was giving me misleading results. I was really focusing on keeping my arm up and finally got some consistency shots. I was really surprised at the difference between the 20 to 30 and the 30 to 40 marks, see photos below. Then I was expecting the difference between 40 and 50 to be even more than between 30 and 40 but it turned out no to be. I set my sight to what I expected it to be for 50 and over shoot the bale by a foot, adjusted by 10 turns up and over shot the bale by an inch another 10 turns got me on the target but in the blue ring 12 turns got me in the 10 ring. I still manage to miss the bale again by shooting too far left. All three misses went through the wall but I was able to pull them out and save the point and shaft which is where the money is fletching and nocks are easy and inexpensive to replace. I am wondering if others have found the scale of the marks not increase logarithmically? Since I will mostly shoot this bow at 20 yard or 18 meters or 50 yards and 50 meters the 40 is not that important. Using Archers Advantage Online and the marks for 20 and 50 yards I was able to create a scale for my Olympic Recurve bow.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment