Wednesday, January 3, 2018

JOAD this week 1-2,3-18

This was pin night and the first month where I am paying for two different session.
I am sure the John, Leslie and Brian think it is about getting pins and I will enjoy in being able to shoot for two different pins on two different style bows it is not about the pins.
For me it is about the coaching, I do not expect coaching on pin nights but I do the rest of the month. I do expect to get and I am not getting is for one of them to watch me shoot at least once during the class and either tell me I am doing well or offer something I might do to improve my archery and hopefully to do this with at least half the class remaining so I will have time to work on it while what they said is fresh in my mind.
I am going to have to ask John if my expectations are wrong and if it is I will stop paying for JOAD because it is the coaching I need and want..

I did do well on pin nights this month I shot at 217 with my Olympic and needed a 210 for my pin and the next night on my bare bow I shot a 72 and needed a 70 to get my pin. Even though I got the pin I was pretty disappointed with my shooting of this bow and shot if for the second JOAD class and figured out a good bit about this bow and string walking and shot a 143 which did make me feel better.

I had been planning to switch to the Olympic so I could try out the X-10 with the new Tunsin points but I needed to work on the bare bow so the new arrows would have to wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment