Saturday, January 20, 2018

My Birthday Archery - HNS Getting Ready for Lancaster and the 2nd Smackdown at First Flight Archery

My Today is my birthday and I am 65 years old. To celebrate my birthday I shot two tournaments one at HNS Archery in VA three hours North and the second home in Raleigh at First Flight.

At HNS I was shooting US Archery scoring attempting again to shoot a 285 to earn my Silver Olympic JOAD pin. I shot fair and only shot 279 both rounds not really bad but not good enough. I will just keep working on this and I will get there.

After my round I put on my red shirt and helped Andy with Judging the second line until 3PM when I had to leave to get back to First Flight for 6PM to shoot the Smackdown #2.

This was a Lancaster scored event. Today I shot my Olympic recurve in competition for the first time. There were only two of us in our category myself and Nelson. I shot a 216 he shot a 221 so I came in second in a two horse race but it was fun and good experience for me. I will keep working on this bow and try again at the Smackdown #3 in February. I did not get a photo of my scorecard for the Smack Down. I am annoyed about this maybe I have a score card in my case if I do I will add it here later.

No comments:

Post a Comment