Saturday, January 6, 2018

HNS Archery Championship Series #3 & The Winter Season Opener at Bull Run

Nice drive up there, there was still a lot of snow on the ground but the roads were completely clear and traffic was light.
I have a rough first round shooing a 272 my second round was better at 282 but not good enough for my goal of 285 to get my silver JOAD olympic pin.

I did take second place in my division.

After my shoot I put on my Judge shirt for the first time and shadowed Mary who was judging this tournament. It was a wonder experience. She mostly let me run the whole tournament. I ran the clock, called three arrow disputes and worked with an archer who had equipment failures twice. I was a great experience and I learned a lot.

I got a hotel room in Fredericksburg VA which left me and hour drive to Bull Run instead of driving home from HNS then back to Bull Run the next morning - it was money well spent.

I shot fair at Bull Run or at least about the same as I shot at HNS. first round was 275 and the second was a 279. I am knocking at the door but not getting in, yet!

I did take first place in my division. :)

UPS had not delivered the medals so we will get them via mail.

Again I put on my Judge shirt and shadowed Andy as the Judge for the second line. Again Andy more or less had me run the shoot. At this shoot we have to start the clock manually and blow whistles manually. My electronic whistle got a good workout and it was worth what it cost me. I do need to put my


mouth blown whistle in my tools kit in case the electronic fails some time. Andy gave me a good deal of instruction about how judging works in the real world as apposed to what we heard in class. Not that what we heard in class was not useful but the real world experience cannot not be beaten. I had a really good time doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment