Wednesday, January 10, 2018

JOAD this week 1-9,10-18

Well I was the invisible archer again this week Tuesday night. Both John and Leslie walked around me talking to archers on both side of me but acting like I did not exist. I planned to speak to them about it Wednesday evening but they were not there having gone to the ATA. I was working on a soft release and not releasing too soon. I was still not feel very well so after 30 arrows scoring and being ignored all evening I left for the night.

Wednesday Steve, Johns dad was there minding the store. He asked me to help with a couple of customers which I was glad to do.

Wednesday night went a lot better. I was working with my Olympic bow and setting it up to use the X10s with the 150 grain tungsten points. I found out what a grain is, I had thought it was equivalent to a gram but it is not. one grain is equal to 0.0647989 grams. but where it comes from is that it is equal to 1/7000th of a pound. I do not know but I guess it is from there being 7000 of some grain like rice or wheat or corn in a pound of them.These arrow actually feel heaver and front heavy when I pick them from the quiver. All I had to do to shoot them was adjust the clicker. I was thinking I would also need to make sight adjustments but I did not need to. They have a much better flight path and I was able to really improve my groups. I will ask John to get me a second set of 6 points to do the other six X10s.

I spoke with Brian about my expectation for coaching in JOAD and he said he agreed with what I expected and would make sure he would give me at least one look each week and let me know how I was doing and what I could do to improve. He told me he did not know which of the two JOAD classes on Wednesday nights he should work with me. I told him it did not matter to me but if possible I would like to have at least half of the class after he coached me to work on what he tells me. He agreed with this.

This week he told me that I had a good grip when shooting but at the point when I release the arrow I grab the bow and that doing so would affect my arrow flight. He demonstrated this for me and suggested blank bailing with out a sight while concentrating on not grabbing the bow and letting both my hand and bow fall forward after the arrow has been released. I told him I had setup my bow so that it was balanced and that it did not tend to fall forward. He suggested I change this that the forward falling bow was part of most good Olympic archers routine and it is taught by coach Lee. So I removed one one ounce weight off of each rear stabilizer and installed them on my front stabilizer. this mage the bow a bit front heavy with out changing the weight of the bow and it does not want to tip forward after the arrow has been released. I worked the rest of the evening on no grabbing the bow and letting it and my left hand tip forward as part of my follow though. I felt like I made progress with this and that it did improve my groups. Photo is of my last group of the night I had several other all gold groups tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment