Wednesday, December 27, 2017

JOAD this week 12-26,27- 2017

Well after six week I am no longer the invisible archer. Tuesday at JOAD while I was practicing John spoke to me tell me I was looking good but needed to get my right elbow back a bit more, he said it would help me hold the center better.I was so surprised I almost messed up my shot but instead made an effort to pull my elbow back more and he said that looks much better and it did seem at least slightly easier to hold the center, I shot a ten. I kept shooting and did try to incorporate this elbow position ot be part of my shoot routine and two other times that evening he said I looked like I was doing it well. I must admit that after getting nothing from any of them for six weeks it was a bit of a surprise but it was welcome. The coaching we are suppose to get from JOAD is the main reason I am in JOAD and it has been annoying to not be getting it. Then on Thursday night at JOAD while I was practicing with my Olympic bow John again spoke to me - he told me my form looked good but again I needed to keep my right elbow back while pulling through the shot. This was harder to do because I felt like I had my elbow back but I made an effort and he said it looked better and just keep it like that as I pulled through the shoot. This was even more of a surprise I am only suppose to get coaching on Tuesday nights. Next month I will start paying for two JOAD memberships so that I can get coaching each night and shoot for pins both nights. The $150 per month is less than what I would pay for three privat lessons and I should get some coaching 8 times a month. It is the coaching that is most important to me and I intend to make sure they know that and that I expect some comment about my shooting each week even if it is just that I am looking good because one cannot always know one it doing it correctly one my feel like they are and be incorrect where a coach can see the errors.

Top tear is after adjusting the rest and plunger to the right
After much trial and tribulation I believe I have solved my arrow path problems with my Olympic bow. I will never try to be arrows of the wrong spine to work with a bow just because I all ready own them. Arrows can be sold and I will be selling the one I cannot use. I called Easton and talked to a helpful person the Zack I believe. He advised me the cutting of the rear of the X10 ProTour arrows would reduce the spine but he and the engineers there did not believe it would be enough to make them fly well with my Olympic bow. They advised me to buy X10 arrows at 500 spine. They said the X10s were designed for Olympic bows and would always work better the X10 Pro Tours would on an Olympic. So even though I have been trying to reduce my spending on archery as well as spending in general I spent the $500 plus dollars it costs to purchase what is needed to build a set of X10s. I got them Tuesday when I got home from the range and built them that night. Cutting those X10 arrow shaft at $40+ per shaft is always a nervous event. But I did it hot glued in the 120 grain points and four fletched with 2 & 3/4 inch Spider vanes in white and blue. The look good. and fly even better they have almost no waggle and hit the target straight in. I was able to shoot a much better group with them than I have before. their paper test still has a right tear but it is much smaller than the 730 spine X10 Pro Tours I was trying to shoot. Adjusting the plunger and rest a bit right removed another 3/4 of an inch from the tear. I am getting 150 grain tungsten points for them to hopefully reduce the right tear more. They are about $150 a dozen which increase the cost of the arrows to $54.16 each but if they clean up the tear I will be happy. I shot a 203 and 235 my to highest on my Olympic, If I can do this next Wednesday, pin night, the 235 will get me my 4 star pin which I have been trying to get for two months.

Video of Clicker and Arrow rest/Plunger on my Olympic
https://youtu.be/WGG1N4TtXyU

No comments:

Post a Comment