Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Raleigh Revolutions Virtual Tournament and JOAD this week

Last Saturday First Flight/Raleigh Revolution had their 4th quarter Virtual Tournament. I asked specifically if I could shoot for my Bronze Olympic pin and was told I could so I shot my compound bow.  The tournament was not well attended mostly due to them only announcing about four days before the shoot. There were about eight of use shooting. I did well and shot a 283 which would qualify me for my Bronze JOAD Olympic pin. But when I asked what I needed to do to get it I was told they were not sure this tournament was qualified because there was not a Judge there. But that they would check and let me know. So I far I have heard nothing for them about it. This makes me pretty angry because I asked and was told I could shot for it. If I was told I could not shoot for it I would have shot my recurve olympic bow which I could have earn my next regular pin. I really feel like the invisible archer - I go there and shoot the JOAD classes which I do pay for and they never talk to me or coach me. I stand there and shoot and watch them go up and down the line working with other archers and never looking at me or talk to me. When I asked why they did not tell me they did not know if I could shoot for my Olympic pin they said they did not realize I was asking about the Olympic pin, yet they know I have been trying to earn it for two months and have asked me when I return to the shop after a tournament somewhere else if I got it, knowing I did not just to rub it in.

Well enough venting. I did at least prove to myself that I can shoot the score needed and during the next two JOAD classes where I was the invisible archer again I shot well enough to earn the pin so I am hopeful I will earn it at Boneyard this Saturday. I had originally planned to go to Lancaster this weekend but when Boneyard put up a shoot I decided to cancel Lancaster and shoot here in NC also it is a much shorter drive. I like shooting at Lancaster but that 6 hour drive is rough.

I emailed USA Archery because I had heard nothing from the folks at First Flight. I was expecting the worse but got back a nice surprise. Here is the email I received.

So it appears I have earned my JOAD Bronze Olympic pin.
I am very pleased about this, now on to Silver this Saturday.

Brad Fiala                                                                             

Attachments11:20 AM (4 hours ago)


to me
Ashby, Please don't be annoyed.  That event would indeed qualify as an indoor pin shoot.  I have attached the form to fill out for Adult Olympian Awards.
Thanks-

BRAD FIALA
USA ARCHERY  |  MEMBERSHIP SERVICES MANAGER
Office: 719.866.4621  |  Fax: 719.632.4733

4065 Sinton Road, Suite 110  |  Colorado Springs, CO 80907  |  www.usarchery.org

http://www.teamusa.org/~/media/USA_Archery/Documents/ARY_2012_JOAD%20Olympian%20Request%20Form_Nov%2029.doc

No comments:

Post a Comment