Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Since my last post I have been working hard on improving my consistency in my shot routine believing this will improve my consistency in shooting Xs. I am shooting in the upper 280s Vegas and upper 270s US Archery scoring. I have come so close several times to shooting a 280 at a tournament to earn my Bronze Olympic pin which has been a goal of several weeks now.

I am shooting the First Flight Smackdown Saturday which will be a good practice for me and I will have another chance to go for the pin on Sunday at HNS Archery Championship Series #2.

My bow is shooting beautifully I just have to focus and let it happen. My main focus both days will be take as much time as I need to shoot the shot I want. Sometimes after I shoot I ask myself 'Why did I take that shot?' because as soon as I do I know it was not the shot I wanted. This is something to work on.

All of the parts of my new bow came in. John gave me a good price on it and I was glad to buy it through them. However every time I buy something big like this there are always things that happen that delay the delivery. This time the string maker First String made the first set of strings too short. When John ask them they said they thought he made a mistake and ask for a string that was too long, this delayed the bow a week. A whole week with the riser and limbs sitting there because the string was too short. They finally sent the right length string but the put clear serving in the middle of the string instead of blue. So john did not charge me for the strings but we got the bow put together. I told John if they would make the Blue and White strings with Blue center serving and clear end serving like I ordered I would be glad to pay for them. I know this was not Johns fault but every-time there seems like there is just something and once I have decided to buy something I do not like having to wait.

The bow herself in beautiful she is a Hoyt Faktor 27 Recurve Riser in blue with
Hoyt Faktor Carbon X-Tour Bamboo Recurve Long Limbs @ 34 pounds. I have added the 2 three ounce weights to the riser. She has FUSE Carbon Blade ES Stabilizers front and dual to rear FUSE Carbon Blade ES Stabilizers all three in blue. She has an Axcel Achieve RXL Recurve Sight with Titan X-Vision Recurve Aperture Scope, she also has an AAE Free Flyte Elite Recurve Arrow Rest, an AAE Gold Micro Plunger and an AAE Gold Micro Clicker. I have added 16 ounces of
Fuse Carbon X Taper weights and a Fuse Flexblade Stabilizer to the riser. I added LimbSaver Recurve Broadband LimbSavers to the limbs and X-Spot Tiger Striped Whiskers to the string. THe bow is beautiful to me and shoots very well also. I am shooting Easton X-10 Pro-Tours @ 430 with 120 grain points and Spider vanes four fletched.

No comments:

Post a Comment