Saturday, November 4, 2017

Cub Run Archers Fall STAR FITA



Cub Run Archers Fall STAR FITA was a fun shoot. The place was smaller than I thought it would be but it was big enough and the lanes were not crowded.

I went there to compete and to shoot for my JOAD Bronze Olympic pin. I shot OK not as well as I had hopped. I shot a 552 out of a possible 600. I shot four 8s and way to many nines. I use to be happy when I would shoot a nine now I think of them as one down. I won my division, I also came in last in my division. I was the only archer in Male Masters 60Plus division. I did however score higher than 3 of the five archers in Masters 50Plus and better than 4 of the seven Cadets so I am OK with how I did and will enjoy getting my medal or whatever they give out.

I did not however shoot a 280 in either of my 30 arrow rounds so I did not get my pin.  My first round started poorly and despite my efforts to pull it around I was not able to do so. My second end was going well until the third end where I got an 8 because it should have been much better than an 8. The young lady to my right had a habit of swing her Olympic bow down and to the left in an arc when she finished her last shot of the end. She had hit me twice before but each of those time I just let down and started my shot over, Leslie would have been prod. This end she did it and hit me right as my release went off and she did cause me to jump when she stuck me with the end of her bow. But there was nothing I could do the hit and my release were at the same time. There is no way to know for sure but if you look at my score card most of my ends were one or two tens and nines. This was the first or second arrow of the end and I believe it would have been a ten so this archer most likely cost me my pin. I miss the pin by 2 points. This was pretty upsetting but I am sure it was not intentional so I said nothing to her, she did apologize each time for hitting me. It is just annoying missing that pin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment