Friday, December 30, 2016







Christine Harrelson

to me

I think with your seriousness and shooting goals, you'll want to upgrade the sight.  Sure Loc makes 
higher end models as does Axcel and I'd say those two are the most popular.  I'd highly recommend 
the Shrewd scope system, it really can't be beat.  You'll probably want the 42mm scope and they 
sell a Zeiss lens with it and have "step down" attachment which allow you to effectively make your 
scope diameter smaller should you want that for indoor for example.  They have a bajillion sizes of 
fibers, level colors, sun shades for both ends, caps to protect the scope if it rains or when stored.  
They've seriously thought of everything.

Shoot straight, use your head more than your body!

to Christine
Thank you.

I have already replaced the Sure-Loc sight with a Axcel Achieve CXL Compound Sight that I had already purchased but I was using the scope from the Sure-Loc.

I have purchased the Sherwd 42 Nomad Scope. It is on order from Lancaster, also shades, len and so forth.

I had ordered the Axcel when I ordered my bow.  It was backordered so when the bow came in so that I could shoot I bought the Sure-Loc they had which had been ordered for someone who had not picked it up.

Is there anything else I might want to consider changing for the Lancaster shoot? I am happy with my setup but would consider changing if you think I should. I just want to do it as soon as possible so I can adjust to the change. I ask mostly because everyone last night seemed to be using much smaller diameter arrows.  I choose the Triple X's for 3D and plan to continue to shoot them for that but would not have any problem with switching to a smaller arrow for the LAS shoot.I have a lot of arrows. For a while/still when I see an arrow that looks different or interesting to me I will buy 6 or a dozen to shoot them to see what I think. I do make my own arrows.

I am pleased you believe that I am serious about this. Only shot 73 arrows yesterday due to the time take up with the setup for the league shoot and the time it took me to replace my sight and get the Axcel sighted in. But it was worth it. The league was a hoot - I had a blase - I have never scored before when I practice, maybe that is a good thing but the league was fun.

Looking forward to working with you next year(LOL)

Christine Harrelson

12/30/16 (6 days ago)
to me
I think you're fine with your current equipment. Keeping score will help you see your progress so you should probably be scoring at least one game each time you practice. Glad you're having fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment